End of Year Savings
At DeKalb Regional Medical Center, we encourage you to take some time for yourself. Doing so could not only benefit your health, it could even get you more out of your money!
Five Reasons You Should Take Time for Your Health Before December 31.
Reason 1: If you have an FSA account, don’t let this money go to waste! Schedule your procedures to be completed prior to year-end for this year’s FSA eligibility.
Reason 2: If you need some kind of procedure, or if you’ve been considering some kind of elective surgery, you can recover during your time off over the holidays.
Reason 3: If you’ve met your health insurance deductible, take advantage of that fact. Remember, January 1 you start back at zero!
Reason 4: Physician offices aren’t as busy during November and December so you’re more likely to get an appointment quickly.
Reason 5: Putting off seeing a doctor or having a procedure just isn’t smart. Your good health is a present you give yourself and your loved ones. And in a season of giving, time and health are the greatest gifts.
Suggestions for end-of-year savings:
- Annual physical
- Have you had one in 2022? Make an appointment with a primary care provider.
- Men and women over 45 should have one every 10 years.
- Gallbladder surgery
- Does everything you eat cause pain? Call 256-845-4131 for an appointment.
- GERD Treatment
- Indigestion not going away with over the counter medication? Maybe it’s time you took the next step.
- You don’t have to suffer in silence. Call 256-845-4131 for an appointment.
- Hernia repair
- Abdominal Pain is nothing to ignore or put off for later. Call 256-845-4131 for an appointment.
- Joint Replacement or Repair
- There’s never a “good” time for joint replacement surgery. Step into the new year without the joint pain you have today. Call 256-979-1550 for an appointment at the Fort Payne location and 256-912-2100 for the Scottsboro location.
- Been putting off a screening MRI or CT scan? Use up that FSA before the end of the year.
- Sleep Study
- Because untreated sleep disorders have been linked to hypertension, heart disease, stroke, depression, diabetes and other chronic diseases. Call 256-845-0345 for more information.
- Start the new year off right. Call 256-845-4131 for an appointment.
- Wound Care
- For those sores and wounds that just won’t heal. Call 256-997-2526 to schedule an appointment.
Related Services and Conditions
At , diagnostic imaging is used to create a graphic depiction of the structures and functions of the body’s organs and other internal systems. These images are used to examine and diagnose certain medical conditions. Services include: CT scan...
Thanks to CT scanning (computed tomography, often called a “CAT” scan) doctors can view a “slice” of the human body painlessly. Often used to diagnose life-threatening conditions and issues like cancer, blood clots, infections, lung and liver disease, head and spine...
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Magnetic resonance imaging -- or MRI -- utilizes a powerful magnetic field, radio waves and a computer in order to obtain detailed images internal organs and other parts of the body. MRIs are generally used to help diagnose or monitor treatment for a variety of...
X-rays, or electromagnetic radiation, are exams used to evaluate internal body parts and help doctors look closely at the structure and health of specific areas. The precise X-ray system we use at aids physicians with both radiography and...
Simple + Price
En Español Healthcare pricing can be confusing. To simplify things, we offer a pre-pay pricing program for those in Louisa and the surrounding communities who might not have insurance. It’s called Simple + Price and it covers most common imaging and lab tests. The...